Vanilla and Almond Rooibos Gourmet Tea Prestige Edition
A unique bush or Rooibos meaning “red tea” grows right at the heart of the Cederberg region, in the golden valley of Citrusdal, 200 km to the north of the Cape of Good Hope”. Considered the national drink of South Africa, Rooibos flourishes in the arid regions of this mountain range, in perfectly preserved gardens.
This Rooibos is heightened with the flavours of Madagascar Vanilla and Almond. To accentuate the biscuit-like notes of this creation, Rooibos leaves are sprinkled with pieces of Vanilla pod and almond flakes to create a bewitching and irresistibly delicious flavour.
With its beautiful amber tones, this herbal tea with its rounded, creamy notes will delight lovers of original flavours and is the perfect accompaniment for a snack or dessert. Completely theine-free, it can even be consumed in the evening.
Presented in its Prestige Edition, this Delicious Vanilla and Almond Rooibos is an exceptional gift or a treat for you.
Rooibos leaves - 100g Prestige Tin
Composition: Organic Rooibos, natural vanilla flavour, Organic almonds, natural almond flavour, pieces of Organic vanilla pod.
Recipe for Blancmange with Vanilla & Almond Rooibos
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 500 g of pruned almonds
- 70 g of caster sugar
- 35 cl (350 g) of full-cream milk
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 40 cl of liquid cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 11 g of Thés de la Pagode Vanilla & Almond Rooibos
1. In advance, the day before if possible, boil the milk and infuse 5 g of Vanilla & Almond Rooibos for 5 minutes. Filter. Cover the milk with cling film and refrigerate.
1a. Do the same with the liquid cream, with 9 g of Vanilla & Almond Rooibos, for 5 minutes. Filter. Cover the cream with cling film and refrigerate.
2. In a mortar or food processor bowl, start to crush the pruned almonds on a slow setting. Add the sugar and vanilla pod seeds, gradually pouring in approximately 3/4 of the Rooibos.
3. Soften the gelatin sheets in cold water.
4. In a saucepan, heat the milk infused with the remainder of the Rooibos (1/4) on a low light.
5. When boiling, add the softened, drained gelatine. Reduce the temperature of the milk.
6. Pour over the almonds. Continue to crush by hand or in the food processor.
7. Add the cold, infused liquid cream to the whipped cream.
8. Add the almond mixture using a whisk or soft spatula.
9. Pour into the serving dish or glass (using a piping bag), then cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
10. Serve chilled but not frozen.
N.B.: do not attempt this recipe with almond powder as the mixture will not have the same texture at all. When you mix the almonds on a food processor, use the pulse function or do not turn the blades for too long (at intervals) so that the almonds are not heated.