Green Tea with Citrus Fruit Prestige Edition
Fresh, acidic notes, a subtle green tea...
Grown in the Anhui region, this Green Tea with Citrus Fruit is an excellent quality green tea called “Chun Mee”, meaning “old man’s eyebrow” in Chinese. A seductive green tea, its small, fine and regular-shaped leaves produce a sweet and sophisticated beverage. The leaves of this green tea are infused with the natural essences of Orange, Lemon and Grapefruit to produce a delicately fresh flavoured beverage.
Presented in its Prestige Edition, this Green Citrus Tea is an ideal gift or a delicious treat for you.
Tea leaves - 100g Prestige Tin
Composition: Organic Chun Mee Green Tea, Organic orange peel, Organic lemon peel, natural flavours of bergamot, orange and lemon, Organic marigold flowers.
Recipe: Green Tea Citrus Jelly
30 min preparation time
15 min cooking time
30 min standing time
at least 1 hour in the refrigerator
To make the jelly
24 g of Green Tea with Citrus - Gourmet Teas
3 sheets of gelatin (5 g)
6 g of muscovado sugar
For the salad and syrup
40 g of muscovado sugar
Citrus fruits: 1 clementine or mandarin, 2 oranges and half a grapefruit (organic)
1. Soak the gelatin in cold water.
2. Infuse your tea in 600 cl of water at 80°C. Put 10 cl of the infused tea to one side.
3. When the gelatin has softened, squeeze it and add it to half a litre of infused tea, off the heat. Add 6 g of muscovado sugar.
4. Pour half a litre of tea into individual glasses, leaving room for the citrus fruits. Allow to cool to room temperature for approximately 30 minutes. Then refrigerate for at least one hour.
5. Wash and grate the fruit.
6. Boil the water in a small saucepan. Add the grated peel for one minute.
7. Cleanly peel (without leaving any white skin) all the citrus fruits but only one orange and only half a grapefruit. Cut into small pieces over a container to collect the juice. Store the cut fruit in a sealed container, in a cool place.
8. Squeeze the juice from the uncut orange and half a grapefruit. In a saucepan, pour the collected, pressed juice, add the peel and 40 g of muscovado sugar. Add 10 cl of previously infused tea and place to one side. Cook and reduce to syrup over a low heat (approximately 10 - 15 minutes).
9. When serving, add the cut citrus fruits to the set jelly and pour over a little syrup at ambient temperature.
With citrus fruits, it is important to mix them according to the season. You can add fresh kumquats and vary them!